Business Development Representative, Auto
Direct Connect Logistix is a nation-wide 3PL company headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Since 2009, we have committed to our promise of delivering every shipment on time, every time - no matter what. That is why we hire the best people, inject tons of energy into our culture, and empower our people to make great things happen for our customers.
- Primarily responsible for prospecting for new customers, generating new customer revenue, managing customer accounts, and following the company’s overall sales objectives as a Business Development Manager in our Auto Division.
- Source, secure and manage the transportation needs for new DCL customers while maintaining high levels of customer service and profit margins. This includes daily conversations about freight lanes, rates, and solutions DCL has to offer. Consistently adding new customers and growing current account modes of transportation is an essential function.
- This person should be highly motivated, urgency driven and have superior communication skills to succeed at this position. This is an individual performer role with the potential for 50% travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and manage an individual portfolio of accounts while also working in a team environment.
- Develop new accounts through outside sales; specifically, through industry referrals, prospecting, and business-to-business selling.
- Establish and develop new client relationships through in-person meetings and conferences.
- Establish pricing with new customers, including RFPs and Bids
- Create volume commitments and opportunity costs.
- Set up new customers including all details and pay terms.
- Address concerns and provide solutions for both established, as well as prospective customers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, high school diploma required.
- 2+years’ work experience in high volume sales or equivalent position
- Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization.
- Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them.
- Strong communicator in person, over the phone, and in writing.
- Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve difficult or complicated challenges.
- A work hard-play hard mentality and highly energetic and enthusiastic.
- Qualified candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills along with relationship-building, follow-up, and problem-solving skills.
- Candidate must have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must be able to work with others along with working independently. Must be detail-oriented and must meet scheduled deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in completing scheduled activities along with additional activities.
- Punctuality and a good work ethic are critical.
Compensation & Benefit Package
- Competitive Base Salary + Commission Compensation
- Comprehensive Insurance Package including medical, dental, vision
- Ancillary Insurance Package including life insurance, longer-term and short-term
- disability, as well as pet insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays and PTO Package
- Free downtown parking (Indianapolis)
- Opportunity for growth and advancement for outstanding performers
- Work with a great team in a fast-paced and fun office environment
Direct Connect Logistix is an equal opportunity employer. Direct Connect Logistix does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family SGA
- Pay Type Salary
- Indy HQ, 314 W Michigan St, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America