CNA is seeking a Graphic Designer to be part of their Communications team. The Graphic Designer will provide design support for both digital and print media (including marketing collateral, web and email graphics, and other documents in various software systems), ensuring that new and existing graphic media products adhere to company brand guidelines and standards. In addition, they will assist with creative development of our website, company intranet, social media, and other digital applications/deliverables. The Graphic Designer will work as part of a larger communications team to help uphold and strengthen CNA’s brand among both internal and external audiences.
CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches. We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Produce high-quality original artwork (graphics and illustration), art direction, and design services from concept to completion of the project.
2. Create visual aspects and design layouts using graphic software to produce marketing materials, website page design, and other media, including technical infographics for both print and electronic media. Identify the most effective way to get messages across in print and electronic media using color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques.
3. Compile disparate elements of a design created by another professional, such as icons, photographs, and other components necessary for website design, marketing/advertising materials, public relations, etc.
4. Collaborate with and support CNA’s diverse staff of researchers, analysts, and experts to fulfill their design needs in support of a wide range of government sponsors and clients, gathering relevant information and performing research to develop icons, graphics, charts, graphs, flyers, and detailed technical infographics for presentations, marketing materials, and reports.
5. Ensure all graphic design products are high quality, on time, free of errors, and adhere to company brand guidelines and standards.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Art Design, Communications, Marketing, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
2. Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in graphic design, producing high quality artwork, illustrations, and technical infographics for internal and external dissemination. Experience providing design services for DoD or federal/state government organizations is strongly desired.
- Extensive experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop).
- Ability to take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts, and designs that convey intended meaning.
- Mastery to translate complex technical concepts into professional and sophisticated infographics that tell a visual story.
- Skill to work independently and as a team to collaborate on design concepts and storytelling ideas.
- Understanding of marketing/communication/social media strategy and campaigns.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects and multi-task to deliver products on time and to quality standards.
- Ability to produce motion graphics and animations for social media a plus.
4. Other: Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
5. Remote/Hybrid Work Eligibility: This position is eligible for telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements at the discretion of the Supervisor. Employees may be required to work at CNA headquarters or other work locations resulting in changes to the scheduled telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements.
Please include a link to your portfolio in your application.
Please include a personal statement as part of your application. A personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you. The statement is your opportunity to share your goals, interests, influences and show us that you will be a valuable asset to our organization. Please click here for personal statement guidelines – Click here
Personal statements will not be used as an elimination criteria for this position. They will only be used to enhance a candidate’s application
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters here: "EEO is the Law" Poster", "EEO Poster Supplement". The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster. To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Communications/Marketing/PR
- Job Function Career Path III - Professional
- Employment Indicator (none)
- Arlington, VA, USA