Research Analyst (GIS/STATS Specialist)
Serve as an important contributing team member on projects or lead smaller/less complex activities. Demonstrate analytical competence, particularly in the areas of statistical or geospatial analysis.
Job Duties and/or Responsibilities
1. Develop sound analytic frameworks and associated analytic methodologies/ techniques for addressing both structured and unstructured problems. Consistently produce high quality analysis.
2. Develop and maintain broad, general institutional knowledge of primary clients/sponsors; their culture, organization, and issues.
3. Support business development efforts and/or marketing activities by maintaining strong client relationships through high quality work, increasing the visibility of our work, and other related activities such as proposal preparation.
4. Interact with sponsors/clients under the supervision of an experienced colleague, and with study POCs independently.
5. Make significant contributions to research publications and analytic products for individual projects.
6. Generate compelling visualizations of quantitative datasets, and qualitative data or process diagrams. Communicate results of work in a clear and concise fashion. Effectively communicate one-on-one and in groups. Document work efficiently and accurately. Effectively present work to colleagues, sponsors, and small audiences that are familiar with content.
7. Work with minimal or no guidance on focused, well-structured pieces of projects. Work under closer supervision on more complex, less-structured tasks. Serve as task lead for pieces of projects by managing own activities. May lead small projects under the supervision of an RTL/CMD.
8. Exhibit a positive attitude in interactions with colleagues and clients/sponsors. Provide clear guidance to colleagues on tasks. Take responsibility for own actions and outcomes.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Minimum Master’s degree or a relevant field or equivalent experience, PhD preferred.
2. Experience: Typical minimum requirements Ph.D. & 0+ years or Master’s & 2+ years of experience in research and analysis, including a combination of:
- Geospatial analysis software such ArcGIS or MapWindow for mapping, data visualization, and analysis
- Statistical analysis in one or more software packages
- Coding experience and ability to develop programs for mathematical computations
4. Other: Ability to obtain and maintain an Active Secret Security Clearance.
Please include a personal statement as part of your application. A personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you. The statement is your opportunity to share your goals, interests, influences and show us that you will be a valuable asset to our organization. Please click here for personal statement guidelines – Click here
Personal statements will not be used as an elimination criteria for this position. They will only be used to enhance a candidate’s application
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters here: "EEO is the Law" Poster", "EEO Poster Supplement". The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster. To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Research
- Job Function Career Path I - Research
- Pay Type Salary
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America