The China and Indo-Pacific division supports the Navy and Marine Corps, as well as other DOD sponsors by providing timely, data-based analyses on a wide range of security issues across the Indo-Pacific region, providing decision-makers the context they need to make informed choices and plans.CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches.We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
Provide the most complex coordinating, administrative and/or advanced technical activities. Provide mastery-level clerical, secretarial and/or administrative support to departments, managers, professionals and/or projects. Liaise with high level counterparts including foreign dignitaries. Support project and other corporate needs including through collecting, processing, vetting, and analyzing pertinent data for further use, and/or conducting technical assistance activities such as planning and organizing meetings and seminars. Conducts research at a basic level.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Provide overall administrative support to assigned Team, including managing calendars, charts, scheduling of on and off-site meetings, arranging complex travel and preparation of expense reports, answering of telephone calls and relaying messages, and providing other administrative support requirements approved by the supervisor.
2. Coordinate and correspond with counterparts, clients, individuals in the US Government, universities, other research institutes, members of the foreign diplomatic community in Washington, DC, “sister institutes” abroad, the media, and corporate contacts, and their staffs on behalf of the team.
3. Develop and maintain advanced proficiency in CNA processes and software tools and evaluate and recommend alternative processes and software as appropriate.
4. Draft and edit documents, briefings, and official correspondence as required, including making substantive suggestions.
5. Coordinate production, processing and distribution of formal and informal documents, project deliverables, correspondence, and Power Point briefings for major research projects.
6. Support the development of outreach materials. Review and contribute to outreach materials produced by others and support the Team’s public affairs and outreach activities, including liaising with the corporate communications and public affairs staff.
7. Support contact with domestic and foreign dignitaries and coordinate their visits to CNA. This includes, but is not limited to; arranging scheduled visits, securing meeting locations, procuring mementos, arranging for refreshments, and “meeting and greeting.”
8. Act as back-up to Division administrative and research personnel on an ad hoc basis.
9. Develop basic knowledge about CNA, its organization, key personnel and personalities, and relevant CNA standard operating procedures (SOPs), to include basic knowledge of CNA business environment. Understand the concepts of core, above core, and above ceiling/ domestic. Have basic awareness of the project development process.
10. Conduct basic research in support of projects, initiatives, and other efforts. Apply standard research methodologies to gather, process, and analyze data. Begin to structure problems of moderate scope and design research, technical assistance or proposal development tasks.
11. Develop and manage basic databases, website content, and paper and electronic documents.
12. Participate in meetings, conferences, workshops, and roundtables by managing event logistics, assisting in identifying participants, preparing read ahead materials, taking notes during events, and assisting in the writing of conference reports and summaries with limited supervision. Maintain awareness of major communication between the project team and client/sponsor POC for any project for which they are involved. As needed, contribute in meetings with client/sponsor and project team.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required. Graduate experience is highly desirable.
2. Experience: Minimum of 2 – 5 years related experience is required, including demonstrated experience in managing multiple activities and tasks in a high “ops tempo” environment. Experience in a research environment is preferred. Education in lieu of experience will be considered. Foreign language skills and overseas experience is highly desirable.
3. Skills: Requires the ability to learn quickly, work accurately under pressure with limited supervision, a willingness to be proactive and take initiative, the ability to handle multiple tasks, and the use of excellent judgment in handling and prioritizing a wide range of support responsibilities. Requires very strong organizational, editing, and writing skills. Requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, various document processing and database applications, and internet searches. Must possess follow-through skills, and oral and written communication skills. Superb interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with diverse cultures and high-level U.S. and foreign officials is essential. Foreign and domestic travel is a possibility.
4. Other: Ability to obtain and maintain an Active Secret Security Clearance.
Please include a personal statement as part of your application. A personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you. The statement is your opportunity to share your goals, interests, influences and show us that you will be a valuable asset to our organization. Please click here for personal statement guidelines – Click here
Personal statements will not be used as an elimination criteria for this position. They will only be used to enhance a candidate’s application
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters here: "EEO is the Law" Poster", "EEO Poster Supplement". The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster. To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Program/Project Administration
- Job Function Career Path IV - Administrative
- Pay Type Hourly
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America