Aeronautical Information Specialist
The location of this position can be remote or in the Washington DC Metro area.
CNA is currently seeking an Aeronautical Information Specialist for our Enterprise Systems and Data Analysis (ESDA) division within the Institute for Public Research. You can join a strong team supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) with ensuring safety of our national airspace system. This role will develop and support implementation of a robust and flexible assessment framework to support oversight of FAA information management domestically and internationally. This role would also help to establish uniformity based on International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards, provide instructional courses, establish technical requirements, and provide expertise on aviation data exchange.
CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem-solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches. We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Provide expertise in data and information management best practices with work on complex problems that require in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises independent judgment and creativity in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
2. Provide expertise in aeronautical information, to include the implementation of ICAO Aeronautical Information Services (AIS) Annex 15 standards for aeronautical information resources, providing instructional courses, and establishing technical requirements.
3. Provide expertise for improvements to aeronautical data exchange processes including analysis of existing AIS information and systems, establishing process improvements and documenting those improvements.
4. Prepare and conduct briefings, provide recommendations on the application of ICAO standards to AIS information and systems.
5. Provide support to ICAO working groups including review and drafting proposals, understanding international policies impact on FAA, attending meetings, and briefing out findings. Establish aeronautical information exchanges with aviation entities to acquire information to strengthen ties between such entities providing expertise on aviation data exchange. Provide support to ICAO working groups, to include coordination with AIS specialists from other countries.
6. Develop key relationships with the division or team's major client/sponsors.
7. Provide project leadership to track and deliver project tasking on schedule; ability to lead on projects as needed.
8. Perform other duties as required.
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, engineering, operations research, data analytics, economics, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Experience: Minimum 15 years of experience in data management, business re-engineering, and systems analysis. Minimum 13 years of experience with a Master’s degree. 8+ years of specialized experience in Aeronautical Information Services (AIS) serving in all aspects of AIS including acquisition of information, quality control, technical requirements, participation and presentation in AIS conferences and meetings preferred.
- Ability to apply data and information best practices to develop recommendations.
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience with FAA aeronautical information processes, systems, and data; FAA and ICAO policies; and FAA System Wide Information Management (SWIM) program concepts and initiatives, preferred.
- Ability to apply ICAO AIS Annex 15 standards to aeronautical information.
- Ability to establish aeronautical information requirements and to translate requirements into designs based on ICAO standards is preferred.
- Ability to work with aviation exchange models (such as Aeronautical Information Exchange Model (AIXM), Flight Information Exchange Model (FIXM), ICAO Meteorological Information Exchange Model (iWXXM)), preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and facilitation skills; ability to write clear technical documentation and provide training.
- Ability to plan and track project tasks to meet project objectives and schedules with the ability to lead project teams.
- Ability to proactively identify technical and project risks and mitigations.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
4. Other: Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
5. Remote/Hybrid Work Eligibility: This position is eligible for telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements at the discretion of the Supervisor. Employees may be required to work at CNA headquarters or other work locations resulting in changes to the scheduled telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements.
Please include a personal statement as part of your application. A personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you. The statement is your opportunity to share your goals, interests, influences and show us that you will be a valuable asset to our organization. Please click here for personal statement guidelines – Click here
Personal statements will not be used as an elimination criteria for this position. They will only be used to enhance a candidate’s application
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters here: "EEO is the Law" Poster", "EEO Poster Supplement". The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster. To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Technical
- Job Function Career Path II - Expert & Research Specialist
- Employment Indicator (none)
- United States