11200 Hudson Rd, Woodbury, MN 55129, USA Req #593
24 April 2023
Senior formulation scientist required to support multiple metered dose inhaler and/or dry powder inhaler early phase projects. This is a key role within an expanding team of formulation and product development specialists and offers the successful candidate an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of new inhalation products and future technologies by applying their creative technical skills and scientific experience to solve complex technical challenges.
- Research, design, screen, manufacture and develop conventional and novel inhaled formulations and product concepts using a range of laboratory equipment and preparation techniques.
- Undertake patent searches, complete freedom to practice assessments and generate new intellectual property.
- Plan, organise, assist/lead formulation and product feasibility/stability assessments
- Conduct analysis and interpretation of data, and provide justification/recommendation for further technical studies
- Author technical protocols and reports.
- Present technical data to key stakeholders and external partners
- Coach and mentor junior members of staff
- Follow established compliance and EHS working practices.
- Aqueous formulation
Knowledge & Skills
- Has a think outside the box mentality and is passionate about technical problem solving.
- Proven pharmaceutical formulation and product development experience relevant to metered dose inhaler and / or dry powder inhaler in order to devise appropriate solutions to projects. Expertise in other inhalation technologies would also be considered.
- Demonstrated practical laboratory skills gained in a pharmaceutical formulation and product testing environment.
- Has a thorough knowledge of pharmaceutical materials science and physical characterisation techniques.
- Has an excellent knowledge of industry guidance relevant to the development of inhalation products.
- Knowledge of GLP/GMP and related quality documentation processes for pharmaceutical R&D and production.
- Knowledge of QBD/Design Controls principles and their application to new pharmaceutical product development.
- BSc/MSc in a pharmaceutical related discipline (preferably related to inhalation product development/formulation).
- 5+ years industrial experience working in an R&D/CRO lab-based role.
- Job Family Technical Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate £91,523.00
- Max Hiring Rate £134,540.00
- 11200 Hudson Rd, Woodbury, MN 55129, USA